Ameri-Dry Tips for Choosing a Basement Waterproofing Contractor
Selecting a certain contractor to waterproof your basement can be somewhat difficult if you are doing so for the first time. Dealing with a wet basement or crawlspace is already frustrating, so you don?셳 want to deal with a contractor that doesn?셳 do the job right the first time or charges an excessive amount for the work.
As a basement waterproofing contractor with an impeccable reputation serving clients from Baltimore to Tennessee to New Jersey and beyond, Ameri-Dry understands what is required for high quality waterproofing services. Contact us today to learn more!
What to look for a Virginia Basement Waterproofing Contractor
There are lots of different things that you need to look for when comparing different waterproofing companies in your area. We at Ameri-Dry offer the following tips to aid you in determine which basement waterproofing contractor can best meet your needs:
- Only deal with a waterproofing contractor that has a good reputation in the area. Get important information on the company, including whether or not they are insured, bonded, licensed and certified (where applicable).
- Avoid any contractor or salesperson who asks for a large advance payment before starting the work. Any reputable waterproofing contractor will not ask you for more than a minimal down payment.
- Make sure to get written estimates from at least three different waterproofing contractors. Compare the total amount of the estimates you receive as well as the quality of the materials to be used and the cost of financing the work.
- Maryland residents will want to contact the Maryland Home Improvement Commission, (410)-347-6309. Request that an MHIC staff member check the record of the contractor you are researching. They will be able to tell you if the company?셲 license is in good standing; if any complaints have been filed, and of what nature, and whether or not the complaints were resolved.
- Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, and Tennessee residents will want to c heck with the Attorney General?셲 Office to see if the contractor is in good standing.
- Contact your local Better Business Bureau office at (410)-347-3990, as well as previous customers and friends who have hired the company in the past to see just how reliable they really are.
- After you have chosen a certain contractor, ask for a written contract with the given estimate included. Read over the contract very carefully before signing it. It is important that you understand everything laid out in the contract. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact an attorney to review the contract for you.
Whether you are still trying to choose from a lot of different basement waterproofing companies or have narrowed your options down to just a few, it is crucial to keep these tips in mind when trying to make a final decision.
Searching for the best basement waterproofing contractor in Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia or Tennessee? Ameri-Dry provides residents in these states with reliable and trusted service. Call us at 1-800-580-1964 for a FREE inspection and estimate!
What to Look for From your Basement Waterproofing Contractor
Whether you are dealing with a waterproofing company or another kind entirely, you should always read over the contract you are given thoroughly before signing. Any reliable waterproofing contractor should include the following things in their contracts:
- The specific name, address and telephone number of the contractor.
- A detailed description of the work that is to be done as well as a list of materials required for the job.
- A specific state date and estimated length of time for completion.
- A provision that states no change in plans or specifications can be made with the written approval of the homeowner/client.
- Details pertaining to payment. If financing, the contractor you hire should include detailed information on the down payment, monthly payments, total number of required payments, total finance costs and annual percentage rate. The annual percentage rate is how you will compare costs for the lowest possible rate.
- A statement that the contracts is completely responsible for insuring their employees against potential on-the-job injuries, typically referred to as a ?쏻orker?셲 Compensation Policy.??/li>
- A warranty or written guarantee of some kind with specific conditions. For example, if your basement waterproofing contractor fails to solve the leakage problem, what exactly are they are required to do and what are the alternatives?
- The contractor?셲 signature and local or state licensing number. All waterproofing contractors throughout Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and New Jersey are required to be licensed through each respective state?셲 individual Home Improvement Commission.
- New Jersey혻https://newjersey.mylicense.com/verification/
If you have plans to finance the waterproofing work you need done and the terms in the contract you are being asked to sign provide the contractor with a lien, mortgage or other security interest on your home, or if you are solicited by a door-to-door or telemarketing salesperson, be sure to check the contractor to see that it has a provision which allows you to cancel within three business days are signing it with no penalties.
Waterproofing Contractors in VA
If you are currently in the process of comparing waterproofing contractors in MD, DE, VA, NJ, PA or TN, you have found your solution. Ameri-Dry is a basement waterproofing contractor that offers up-front pricing and contracts with effective and permanent solutions that will work for your home.
Contact your local Ameri-Dry office to finally solve all of your wet basement issues with a professional and experienced basement waterproofing contractor!